Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I ate Char Zaku's head

Today I met up with an old primary school classmate from Perth who's been living in Tokyo for a while. He taught me how to use the train passes and stuff, and showed me where to get formal clothes in Shinjuku. I got a pair of business pants, will go to Shibuya for an interview-worthy bag one of these days.

AND WE WENT TO THE GUNDAM CAFE.

This is what it looks like in the daytime.

And this is what it looks like at night:


I got Char Zaku ice cream, which was a red ball of ice cream with silver ball thingies in it covered in orange sauce, and chunks of something black which made it look more like a Zaku head. I have no idea what was in it but it was quite good. Fruity. There was a giant Gundam RX-78 model in an alcove near the ceiling, display cases filled with masterfully built plastic models and signed plaques - the only one I recognized was Tomino's in the middle - I'm not yet Gunota enough. :(

The coolest thing by far, though, was the toilets. The men's side was apparently Earth Federation themed, and lucky me, the women's side was ZEON! When you enter, you push a glowing red button and there's an alarm and the light pulsates, and the lid of the toilet opens! It flushes after you get up and the lid closes too, but considering how Japanese toilets normally behave I guess it's not that much of an eye-opener. Nonetheless the toilet was a very exciting experience for this shameless otaku.

ALSO - at the arcade I played the Gundam cockpit game, Senjou no Kizuna! I had no idea what I was doing after I got my pilot card (on the side of Zeon of course) so I just pressed random buttons, wondering why I couldn't fire. I started turning left and right and jumping randomly, which must have made me look like a spastic ballerina, and I got killed once.. but once I figured out how to fire and use my melee attack I realized that the other five or so people in the game were total n00bs too, and I went psycho on them. I must've been pretty annoying because I think I knocked this guy down five times with melee attacks, then finished him with my bazooka. I was cackling with glee, hopefully they couldn't hear me through the mic. >> I think everyone in the game was confused - the only people who got kills were me - 2 and another guy - 3. The game has a panoramic view so it made me a bit nauseous but it was so much fun! Arrrrrgh!

No comments:

Post a Comment